Friday, January 23, 2009

Can You Love Too Much

Recently Kim and I were having lunch after church with some friends and we were discussing family members and friends that were making dumb decisions and our friend made this comment, "Anytime you want more for someone than they want for themself you are going to be hurt."

That has stayed with me and causes me too ask, "How much should I love someone?". Maybe a better question would be "What should I pray for or want for other people." Should I wait for those I care about to tell me what they want out of life and pray for that or should I risk being hurt and pray for something more than what they sometimes want for themselves?

Jesus said, to love our neighbors as we would ourselves. Where is the balance? So I ask in the middle of a 40 day journey of love. Is it possible to love too much?

No comments: