Friday, June 29, 2012

Loving People Is Hard Because It Hurts

I had a friend a few years ago who told me, "Anytime you want something for someone more than they want it for themselves, you are going to be the one that is hurt."  I didn't realize it at the time but it has proven to be one of the wisest things anyone has ever told me. I truly care about people though and I don't know how to separate myself enough to not be hurt when I see things that I truly believe will be harmful in the long run.

I have felt and continue to feel this for my children and my family. I have felt and continue to feel this for the people that God allows me to be a pastor to.  I have felt and continue to feel this for the people of the city that I have grown to love.  I have felt and continue to feel this for my country.

The struggle comes in not being apathetic and continuing to love, because it will bring the pain of caring!

No comments: