Monday, August 13, 2012

Changing Lives on the Hill

I get so excited about the change that I see in people's lives when they start to really get it about Jesus.  Early in His teaching He told his followers that they were to the light of the world and that a town built on a hill could not be hidden.   I love that our facilities are built on a hill on the east end of Shelbyville.  It is a reminder to me now every time I drive "up hill" to the building that we are here to make a difference and to be seen by men as a place where life change happens.   This new art work is just a reminder that we are all somewhere on the path to following Christ.  Some are just getting started and others have been running for a while, but we are all on a journey.  "The Hill" is just a stop on the journey, because our ultimate destination is heaven.

I also love hearing the stories of change that Jesus has made in people's lives.  I love it when part of the change happened on the hill.  I hope some of you will write about your change and add it to this blog.  I was introduced to a website last night by someone who is really growing in Christ on the hill.  He told me about www.iamsecond.com .  I really like the name, but I LOVE what is documented on the website.

Also if you have been touched by the ministry of Christ on the hill in east Shelbyville we have window stickers that you can put on your vehicle that might provide an open door to share about Jesus with someone.  We have them available at worship times, but if you have moved and want one let us know and we will send them to you.

So many lives have been changed, I can't wait to see what is around the corner.

No comments: