Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Beauty of God and Friends

I am in East Tennessee for a trustees meeting at Milligan College and yesterday before the meetings started I got to experience the beauty of God and a friend. The beauty of the East Tennessee hills in the fall is breathe taking. As I rode to each new vantage point I was able to see another panoramic view of God's wonderful creation. - OK - I was on a golf course, but it was still beautiful, which brings me to the second beautiful thing.

I got to spent the morning playing golf and talking one on one with a dear friend and mentor Dennis Bratton. Dennis has done an amazing job of leading Christ Church at Mandarin into a multi-campus mega church. The beauty is that he cares enough to engage in time and conversation to help me learn to be a better leader.

This caused me to consider how blessed I have been to have Dennis and other men like him that have shared their wisdom with me and to pray that I will be able to pay their kindness back by investing my life in the lives of others that come behind me.

So here is the question. What do you have to share with someone that you could mentor and who will that person be? Why not start today?

No comments: