Monday, February 21, 2011

DAYS OFF ARE SO COOL

I love being at the place in life where I can start enjoying days off.  I enjoyed waking up with my granddaughter on my head and getting to play with her and before I had to take her to Child Town.  I enjoyed getting to work in the garage and on the driveway.  I enjoyed helping Kim purge things from the house (wait until she gets back from Romania, haha).  I enjoyed visiting with a two new special people in our life.  I enjoyed going to Lowes to buy some more stuff to work on the deck and other parts of the house.  I enjoyed getting to spend the evening calling a basketball game on the radio with one of my best friends in all the world.  I enjoyed coming home to my wonderful wife after the game.  I enjoyed laughing at the fact that the last thing she said before going to walk was "I promise I'll turn you on".  She meant the game on the radio .... what were you thinking?  I enjoy the fact that some of you including Kim can't believe I just wrote that.  It makes me smile and I am trying to do that more and more.

I just enjoy that God is slowly teaching me, or better said that I  am slowly learning, to enjoy life and not sweat the small stuff.  Because in fifty years this body and this life will be nothing but dust to me, but what's inside of me, the part that enjoys things, will be enjoying worshipping Jesus 24/7/365 for infinity. 

That's real talk for my young readers and nothing but truth for those who don't understand real talk.

Days off are so cool, because I have time to think and write about random stuff!!

Peace, remember the shepherd loves his sheep and keep on reaching!


No comments: