Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Gotta a Feeling

I just finished watching the Black Eyed Peas rock Texas Stadium at the Super Bowl. Musically not the best, but that is typical of most Super Bowl halftime shows.  The outfits were weird, but hey they all stayed on and there were no wardrobe malfunctions.  They did bring a lot of energy and excitement, so to that extent it was a "good good night".

I am sitting here all alone now watching the rest of the Steelers and Packers Super Bowl. Far too much yellow on the field for me, but it is a pretty competitive game. So I guess that makes it a "good, good night" for us football junkies. 

I am not a real fan of the Black Eyed Peas, or the Steelers, or the Packers, but I can't get that song out of my head. You'll know that "tonight's gonna be a good, good night". 

Here's what I am thinking.  What would it take for me to believe that everyday is gonna be a good, good day?  I don't seem to have that feeling much anymore.  Four years of trauma have caused me to expect the bad in life more often than the good.  I am working really hard on changing that this year.

I have been constantly telling myself that it is great to be alive, that God is in control, that grater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.  I know this is the day that the Lord has made and I am supposed to rejoice and be glad in it. I know that the great thinker Henri Nouwen said, Joy and resentment can't co-exist."

I gotta a feeling that the problem is deep inside of me and rest in my inner spirit.  Wait that Spirit that lives inside of me is the very spirit of a Living God.  A God that created the universe in six days, regardless of what Carl Sagan and Stephen Hawking have to say.  A God that covered the entire earth with rain, parted the Red Sea, closed the mouths of the lions, that's the God whose Holy Spirit lives in me.  A God who dramatically ambushed a guy named Saul and changed his life in a flash.  A God who let His Son come to live among us for awhile, then let Him die on a cross for my sin and three days later brought Him back to life to prove to Satan that there was no power he had over us that He (God) could not overcome.  That is the God who allows His Spirit to live inside of me and every other blood brought believer!

So guess what ... I gotta feeling that tonight is gonna be a good, good night and tomorrow is gonna be a good, good day!!  I don't know I just got a feeling ....to God be the glory ... great things He has done.

No comments: