Monday, October 17, 2011

Joy - Really?

James 1  2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Joy really?  When we face trials?  O.K. so it is probably not the joy that is seen in balloons and streamers.  We all face trials, but nothing like what I watched this week as I witnessed the persecution recorded on the Voice of the Martyrs website http://www.persecution.com/

I just truly think that all Christians need to take some time to watch some of the videos there and find out specifically how to pray for people who are truly struggling. 

I still have caught myself complaining at times, but when I do I am reminding myself of those that are being persecuted on levels that I haven't ever experienced and that allows me to be a  little more joyful, knowing that things could be much worse.

No comments: