Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Chapter 12 - Powerful Thoughts

Job said, "What I always feared has happened to me. What I dreaded has come true." I could be a writer for the TV show worst case scenarios. I have to be very careful not to jump to hoorible conclusions when life takes a detour. I love how Dungy finishes page 103 - "Do yourself a favor, and don't make it any harder than it has to be. In those moments, be careful how you speak to yourself; be careful how you think of yourself; be careful how you conduct yourself; be careful how you develop yourself."
Positive thinking by itself won't do the trick. Positive thinking needs to be followed by positive actions. But without positive thinking, positive actions very seldomly occur.
Listen to the positive encouragement from Paul, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure,whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."

No comments: