Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chapter 6 - Fatherhood

I love Dungy's quote on page 55, "The Bible wasn't written for those who have it figured out, but instead it is God's word to those of us who are muddling through life." I really don't know what to write today because I feel like I am muddling through fatherhood. I know I was always present in my kids life and that I knew they were watching me. I am not sure I always matched what I said and did.
I guess the one thing that I was committed to was loving the mother of my children. I think that may be the greatest gift of a father is love their children's mother, 'til death do us part. In the end we all make mistakes in every area of life and thus when it comes to fatherhood I am so thankful for grace.

1 comment:

John D said...

I can identify with the sense of muddling. More and more, I am living with a fear that time is running out. Perhaps that sense of urgency is a good thing?

On the topic of loving our children's mothers, what greater gift could our wives receive for Mother's Day than for our children to see their mothers lifted up as shining examples of honor? No, I'm not trying to get out of buying a gift.

I can only pray that with God's help I am able to live up to the duty of honoring my wife in a way that sets a tone for my children that will last a lifetime and beyond.